|Back to Back Issues Page|
Start goal planning for 2023!
November 15, 2022
Your 2023 goals!
Before we begin: If you enjoy this newsletter, please forward it along. If someone forwarded this to you, click here to sign up https://www.100goalsclub.com/life-goals-club-membership.html
100 Goals Club is a complimentary newsletter that specializes in helping you plan your life goals in 10 important areas.
1. Personal Development
2. Health and Fitness
3. Family and Friends
4. Hobbies and Passions
10. Leaving a Legacy / Giving Back
You are part of an exclusive group of goalsters (someone who understands the importance of life goals)! This email is going out to 1543 email subscribers.
You are receiving this email because you expressed an interest in life goals. Remove your email by clicking unsubscribe below at any time.
Quotes on goal setting!"If you're bored with life – you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don't have enough goals." –Lou Holtz
"If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else." –Lawrence J. Peter
"Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit." –Bear Bryant
"The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score." –Bill Copeland
"The great danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." –Michelangelo
"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." –Zig Ziglar
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." –C.S. Lewis
Quotes above courtesy of . . . https: // www.entrepreneur.com / leadership / 10-great-quotes-on-the-power-of-goals / 287411
Just back . . .This "monthly" newsletter is coming out this month on the 15th of the month, 15 days late.
Kathy and I retired from our 30 year careers in 2021 and we are just back from our "official" retirement trip last week. Some highlights below:
29 DAY VACATION
- 1 night in Maui Hawaii
- 1 night in Oahu Hawaii
- 6 nights in Kauai Hawaii, 3 days in the north, 3 days in the south
- 12 nights on the NCL Spirit Cruise Ship (Hawaii / French Polynesia)
- 2 nights in Tahiti in an Over Water Bungalo (OWB)
- 6 nights in Moorea in a beachfront vacation home with infinity pool
This was our longest vacation of our life, thanks to not being employed and our retirement last year.
We traveled with our friends Gary and Sue who introduced Kathy and I more than 30 years ago.
This was truly the trip of a lifetime with highlights including:
- Watching 10 giant sea turtles swim/crawl onto the beach (a daily occurrence to sleep the night), during an amazing sunset in Kauai
- Hiking the spectacularly beautiful and rugged Napoli coast in Kauai, followed a couple of days later by a sailboat cruise of the coast with dolphins
- Hiking on the Big Island in the Hawaii Volcanoe National Park
- Becoming a finalist on the NCL cruise ship in the Idol Karaoke competition singing "Brown Eyed Girl", dedicated to my wife Kathy
- Swimming in the main pool of the cruise ship while the water was sloshing back and forth like a major wave pool
- Swimming and snorkelling with beautiful tropical fish in a "lagoonarium" in Tahiti
- Touring in a Moorea Fun Roadster around the entire island
- Watching a 7' Blacktip Shark swim in our VRBO home beach steps away from us
- Kayaking the Moorea coastline
- A fine French Polynesian dinner prepared for us by a local chef in our VRBO rental home
THINK YEARS AHEAD TO YOUR OFFICIAL RETIREMENT TRIP AND DECIDE WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE FOR YOU! No two lifes are the same so your retirement trip may be entirely different than ours.
Feel free to reach out to me to ask questions if you are considering travel to Hawaii or French Polynesia and have any questions about where we stayed or things we did. We did a lot of planning and it paid off as our experiences were top notch.
Why annual goals?I get inspired as the end of each year approaches, thinking about next years possibilities and things that I want to get done.
With the recurring frequency of a birthday, there is nothing like a "New Start" to your goals.
It's time to review your goal setting worksheet goals that you have completed already when you subscribed to this newsletter. The worksheet is designed to make it easy to review and set your annual goals. There are easy to follow guidelines and instructions to make this process easy. If you have any questions, email me at email@example.com
It doesn't matter if you've never been successful with goal setting or in accomplishing your 2022 goals. Decide that 2023 will be your year!!
Why are life goals and goal setting important?The following are the top 10 reasons to why is goal setting important. This is especially important to learn before you turn 30 (or 40 or 50 or . . . ) and to your overall happiness and financial future!
1. ELIMINATE WANDERING - Without a goal, many of us wander through life with no clear direction or path. The destination may end up being good, but many times not. Why leave it to chance? How many times have you had a great inspirational idea that you planned on acting on, but didn't. You might not even remember what that idea was any more.
2. IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES FOR SUCCESS AND AVOID PROCRASTINATION - Studies have proven that people with written life goals are much more likely to achieve and live a successful life. The truth is that few people have written life goals. Even fewer review them regularly.
From my own experience, my 100 Life Goals written at the age of 30, has been a driving force for the success achieved in my own personal and family life. The real key is having a TIME commitment (the "T" in SMART Goals) to your goals.
Think of what happens when you put a deadline on getting something done, analogous to submitting your reports on time when at high school or secondary school. Without a deadline, we ALL procrastinate! With a GOAL and a DATE, anything is possible!
3. AUTO ACHIEVEMENT - Life goals will often be achieved by virtue of having written them down and by reviewing them periodically, even with no action plan to achieve them. There are many books written about the law of attraction and the act of setting a goal in motion through your thoughts. You may not believe it, but many people do. Any many people achieve goals years later that they have written down, but not consciously done anything about.
4. YOU'LL FEEL INSPIRED - It feels great to write down an important goal and through hard work and discipline, achieve it. It even feels good just to check it off your list!
5. HAVE A REASON TO CELEBRATE - Goals can be celebrated once they are achieved. Decide in advance how you will celebrate.
Instead of feeling guilty about doing something, change that feeling to great satisfaction when you celebrate goal achievement!
6. YOU'LL STAY FOCUSED - Life goals will keep you focused on what is important in your life, versus falling victim to watching too much TV or time spent doing things that don't carry much meaning. Watching too much television is the killer of creating and living out the life of no regrets.
7. YOU'LL ACHIEVE BIG(GER) GOALS - Good goals communicated well will inspire other people to help you achieve them. Much bigger projects and adventures can be achieved when you develop big goals.
You don't need to complete your life goals all by yourself. Setting really big goals that you are passionate about and inspire others to be passionate about will set the stage for BIG goal achievement!
8. YOU'LL BECOME WEALTHIER - You are likely to earn more money if you are able to achieve goals, whether you work for an employer or for yourself. People who achieve goals are highly valued in the market place.
By focusing on financial goals, you have a much higher likelihood of developing high net worth than if you don't. With good financial resources (income and networth), you can pursue and achieve more advanced goals related to your lifestyle goals.
9. YOU'LL FEEL MORE SATISFACTION - The personal satisfaction that comes for achieving worthy and fulfilling life goals is reward in itself. The feeling that you are wandering in life can result in a lack of confidence and overall feelings that you're not living up to your true potential. Life goals will help you overcome any depression you may be feeling too.
I don't know any goal focused people who aren't both confident and have a positive outlook.
10. YOUR LIFE WILL HAVE MORE PURPOSE - People with a purpose in life feel that they are living a life of purpose. Sounds like double speak, but I love the saying that "the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose". As long as goals are well written and thought out, people who are goal oriented feel a real sense of purpose, something that is missing in many peoples life.
Let me repeat this again it is so important . . . "The Purpose of Life is to Live a Life of Purpose"!
These 10 reasons are amongst many, answering the key question why is goal setting important. Can you think of other reasons??
Why learn before age 30? Because you'll maximize the amount of time to put into action the success habits and principles you'll need to achieve success and your 100 Life Goals!
To visit the 100 Goals Site to explore these life goals in more detail, visit:
100 Life Goals BookHere are the Top 10 Reasons to Buy this Book before the end of this year!
1. Christmas is coming and get or give a book that can change a life!
2. You can break away from the majority of people who never purchase a book after they graduate. My number one recommended life goal is to study and read self-help books, as this will provide you with the knowledge and inspiration to achieve your Life Goals.
3. There is space for you at the end of each goal, to write your own personalized goals, both Your Target Goal (YTG), and your Outrageous Goal.
4. You can take this book with you to read anywhere you choose, versus needing a computer or mobile device and internet connection to read from this 100 Goals Club site.
5. Having this book at home either on your bedside table or on your book shelf, will be a friendly reminder for you to read the book and write out your goals.
6. You will be able to underline key topics and ideas in the book which resonate with you which you can easily go back on and "speed read" all the topics you thought were important on your prior reads.
7. A portion of all book sale proceeds will be given to charity.
8. Many people prefer the physical aspect of being able to hold and flip the pages of a book and will absorb more of the key information.
9. You can share this book with others in your life who could benefit from reading about Life Goals and may just inspire someone to become more focused on living a goal inspired life.
10. The book has a blank template at the very end of the book to record your own personalized list of 100 Life Goals, 10 goals in each of the recommended 10 goal areas.
GO TO THE FOLLOWING SITE TO BUY NOW FOR JUST $USD 14.99 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1727154452
Goal Achievement TipWHEN TO WORK ON YOUR GOALS . . .
Commit to regular review of your goals!
Once you’ve written your goals, it will be important to stay focused on them. One of the best ways to do that is to commit to a monthly cycle of reviewing your goals and planning what you will do in the coming month, week by week. Writing out your goals is a good thing. Reviewing them routinely is even better. Commit to printing and posting your goals where you can see them and be inspired by them. Then commit to reviewing and recommitting to them annually, either at the time of your birthday or the start of the year, for January 1st. There is power in picking these times of the year to recommit to your goals.
In planning your days, consider planning using the following goal setting tips and method:
LIFE GOALS - Plan your life using these 100 life goals as your starting point for designing your ideal life.
ANNUAL GOALS – At the end of each year (now is good), start planning ahead for the specific goals you will focus on for the year ahead. Document these in a place where you will review them constantly.
MONTHLY GOALS – At the end of each month, plan your coming month while staying true to your annual goal commitment. Note that some people prefer to focus on quarterly over monthly goals. Either way, decide what works for you, and ensure you are staying true to your annual goals by retaining focus.
WEEKLY GOALS – Focus your goals so that each week you are making meaningful progress towards your quarterly or monthly goals.
DAILY GOALS - This is where you select the 2 or 3 most important things to do each day that positively move you forward towards your goal completion.
Decide that 2023 will be your year to work on this important goal achievement tip to really get serious about your goal achievement! Trial this for the balance of 2022 so that by the time 2023 is here, you are ready to kick of the year running.
Next newsletter . . .My next newsletter will be on December 1st where I will reveal to you some of my favourite YouTuber's I follow and continue to learn and be inspired from, all of whom are avid goal setters.
Brian Klodt founder of the 100 Goals Club
CREATE YOUR HAPPY LIFE! https://www.100goalsclub.com
P.S. Don't forget to buy and gift my 100 Life Goals Book this holiday season!
|Back to Back Issues Page|