|Back to Back Issues Page|
Financial independence retire early!
February 01, 2021
What is your retirement date?
Before we begin: If you enjoy my newsletters, please forward it along. If someone forwarded this to you, click here to sign up https://www.100goalsclub.com/life-goals-club-membership.html
100 Goals Club is a complimentary newsletter that specializes in helping you plan your life goals in 10 important areas:
1. Personal Development
2. Health and Fitness
3. Family and Friends
4. Hobbies and Passions
10. Leaving a Legacy / Giving Back
You are part of an exclusive group of goalsters (someone who understands the importance of life goals)! This email is going out to 830 email subscribers.
Look for newsletters on the 1st and 15th of each month!
You are receiving this email because you expressed an interest in life goals. Remove your email by clicking unsubscribe below at any time.
Good quotes on this topic!"Retirement is not the end of the road. It is the beginning of the highway." ~unknown
"After climbing the mountain, you can finally enjoy the view." ~ unknown
"Retirement is when you stop living at work and start working at living." ~ unknown
"The question isn't at what age I want to retire, its at what income" ~ George Foreman
What is financial independence?There are many "fired" up about early retirement. In fact, there is an entire FIRE movement which stands for Financial Independence Retire Early.
The premise is to spend frugally now and SAVE money like crazy and build up your financial reservoir. One day in your thirties or forties, you'll be in a position to retire early and travel, living below your means. Many people who do this blog about how they've done it and will generate an income doing so. Most live rather modestly.
Financial independence means that you've developed enough assets and passive income so that you don't need a regular job or employment income to live . . . at the income level you deem necessary.
You've got enough passive income coming in from such sources as rental income, dividend income, royalty income, pension income and government income. You might even have business income from a business you started that is now substantially running itself.
The truth is that very few people every reach true financial independence, probably in the range less than 1-2%.
But IT IS POSSIBLE and it is a worthy Life Goal to aspire to!!
Retirement . . . 7 years early!One of our 100 Life Goals set at the age of 30 written in 1994, was to retire at age 65 with ample Net-worth to enjoy life!
Through a lot of hard work, good fortune with strong growth in Canadian real-estate and by investing 10% of our income for 25+ years . . . my wife Kathy and I after 30 years of working at our respective employers just recently handed in our retirement notices! Many of our colleagues were surprised. Some were shocked that we were retiring so young.
Kathy will retire within 60 days, the day before her 56th Birthday (FREEDOM 55). My last day of work will be a few weeks later at age 57!
We've reached the stage in our life where we have become financially independent. We are able to continue to enjoy an above average lifestyle (as written about at 100 Goals Club), without the need for employment income.
We've beat the traditional retirement age of 65 by 7-10 years.
We are both in good health and ready to enjoy this next part of our life, doing what we want, when we want, without the need to work. If we choose to work part time or volunteer some day, it's because we want to, not because we need to.
Our retirement planUsing the goal categories of the 100 Goals Club, here is a top level view of our retirement plan . . .
1. Personal Development - More time to read!
2. Health and Fitness - Daily exercise. Take up a new sport. More variations and time to try new things. Back to hiking. Time for me to learn how to cook!
3. Family and Friends - This is a big one. More time to spend with our family and friends. Weekly and monthly planned get togethers. Time with other friends and family who are already retired.
4. Hobbies and Passions - I will be returning to my musical roots and learning from the teachers at justinguitar.com and scottsbasslessons.com. I want to get ready for performing in my next band, another life goal.
5. Financial - We continue to own some of the best real estate in Canada, our four gables on the park heritage homes. We will continue to maintain these properties and collect the rent. Part of our income stream. Minimal effort required.
We will have time to manage our investment portfolio, investing in high quality companies in disruptive growth areas. Tesla is a stock we are bullish on.
6. Career - RETIRED!!
7. Adventure - Will start ramping up planning for upcoming adventures such as my 60th skydiving adventure. Still have an uncompleted life goal to climb a mountain! Will plan many adventures with Kathy.
8. Travel - Will start planning trips . . . Portugal, Hawaii, cruising and lots more!! One of our subscribers recently reached out and invited Kathy and I to dinner next time we are in their country. Thank you! We hope to do so some day. There are so many places we want to go and now we will have the time and money to do so.
9. Lifestyle - Our first project is to renovate our lakefront cottage into our dream getaway. We call it our Beach House, just feet from the water's edge. We are excited to finally have the time to do this after purchasing the property in 2007. This will be our place to entertain family and friends for years to come.
10. Leaving a Legacy / Giving Back - This is where the 100 Goals Club comes in. My plan is to invest a couple of hours a day into improving and developing content. It is my way of giving back. Helping others who are already seeking self-help information and searching about Life Goals. If you are one of the 800+ members subscribed to this site, I hope to make this an invaluable place to plan your life.
Check out some of my other uncompleted life goals which I'll finally have more time to achieve . . . https://www.100goalsclub.com/100-life-goals-track-record.html
What could this mean for you?Here is what this could mean for you:
1. By getting serious about planning your life and working towards your life goals, one of the possible outcomes is that you are able to achieve financial independence and retire early. If you follow the 100 Life Goals in the categories of financial and career promoted at 100 Goals Club, this is what I will teach you. Learn from others who have achieved what you would like to achieve.
2. You don't need to own your own business to become financially independent. You can do so as an employee like Kathy and I have done. But you need to have a side hustle or two and be wise with your finances. For us, real estate investing, saving and investing were big factors for us achieving our freedom.
3. Choose your retirement age. I chose the traditional age 65 and am beating that by 7 years (age 57). If you are fortunate and more aggressive with your plan, you could retire earlier.
4. A better 100goalsclub.com site. The content at 100 Goals Club will be expanded upon and improved once I'm retired. If you have ideas on what you'd like to see, please email me at email@example.com.
Next newsletter . . .My next newsletter on February 15th will focus on Elon Musk and why he is becoming a major inspiration for millions of followers. Many think that Elon will become the world's first trillionaire. I will detail how I believe he performs against these 10 life goal categories and more specifically how he is changing our world . . . for the better.
Brian Klodt founder of the 100 Goals Club
CREATE YOUR HAPPY LIFE! https://www.100goalsclub.com
P.S. Share these life goals with others. There are thousands of people who could be helped by living a life helped by writing down life goals. I wrote out my original list of 100 Life Goals at age 30 (27 years ago), and life couldn't be much better as a result . . . across all 10 life goal categories.
Feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how you are doing with your own life goals!
|Back to Back Issues Page|