|Back to Back Issues Page|
Add some colour to your life!
April 15, 2020
Life goals worth sharing!
100 Goals Club is a complimentary newsletter that specializes in helping you plan your life goals in 10 important areas:
1. Personal Development
2. Health and Fitness
3. Family and Friends
4. Hobbies and Passions
10. Leaving a Legacy
You are part of an exclusive group of goalsters (someone who understands the importance of life goals)! This email is going out to 296 email subscribers.
Look for newsletters on the 1st and 15th of each month!
You are receiving this email because you expressed an interest in life goals. Remove your email by clicking unsubscribe below at any time.
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE ABOUT SUCCESS "Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance" ~ Brian Tracy
Brian Tracy (born January 5, 1944) is a Canadian-American motivational public speaker and self-development author. He is the author of over seventy books that have been translated into dozens of languages. His popular books are Earn What You're Really Worth, Eat That Frog!, and The Psychology of Achievement.
I started listening to Brian Tracy's programs more than 20 years ago.
New Colour system for the 10 Life Goal CategoriesWith some of my extra time stuck at home, I've taken to PicMonkey, a photo editing & design program. It allows you to craft unique visuals in no time with powerful design & photo editing tools. While I've dabbled with it before, I'm now learning to use it and help build out some better imagery at the 100 Goals Club.
I created "icons" for each of the 10 Life Goal categories and a colour scheme to go with it. Below is the logic for my icon selection and colours, inspired by my experience when I was a karate student and rose through the ranks from White Belt to Black Belt.
1. Personal Development - WHITE BOOK - Your personal development is like the start of a long journey. Analogous to starting Karate as a white belt as I once did so many years ago. Reading books is one of the best ways to support your personal development.
2. Health and Fitness - RED BICYCLE - I associate the colour red with health. I always have. Think of a delicious red apple. Analogous to "An apple a day keeps the doctor away". Riding a bicycle is one of the best forms of exercise.
3. Family and Friends - BLUE COUPLE HOLDING HANDS - One of the greatest sources of happiness is the relationships we have with our family and friends. I associate happiness with the colour blue. Why, because I'm also happy near blue tranquil water! Holding hands with your partner is true happiness.
4. Hobbies and Passions - ORANGE ART EASEL - Hobbies are what make you unique and give you identify. I've chosen the colour orange to represent this uniqueness. If you drive an orange car for example, you'll definitely stand out. If you are creative and can draw or paint, you'll likely use an art easel!
5. Financial - GREEEN COINS - Finances are associated with money. Lots of paper money around the world is green, hence the association. Counting your pennies or coins is a great way to be financial responsible.
6. Career - GREY ORGANIZATION CHART - Careers can take many forms and shapes. One job can grow over a life time. Think of the expression "multiple shades of grey" and apply it to how your career can morph over time. Most of us work in an organization as either an employee or a boss, illustrated perfectly through a simple org chart.
As you progress up the Karate belt colour system, the colours deepen as you gain experience, competence and wisdom . . .
7. Adventure - PURPLE HOT AIR BALOON - Purple is a deep bold colour, aligned perfectly with someone seeking adventure in their life. Think about a purple hot air balloon! Hot air ballooning over vineyards with your partner is a great romantic adventure.
8. Travel - DARK BLUE PLANE - Much of travel is in an airplane through blue sky and over deep blue water. Travel also requires that you've developed your financials into a strong and healthy state. Not something that most achieve until their late thirties or forties. Appropriate for the progression up the belt color system. Blue is a very serious belt to achieve in the martial arts.
9. Lifestyle - BROWN HOUSE - For the same reasons mentioned above, achieving a great lifestyle requires significant planning, patience and time. It's not something to jump in too quickly (i.e. buying a new car when you're just out of school). Earning your brown belt in Karate is a major step and means that you are serious about success. Start enjoying the results of all your hard work and effort. Owning your first house is a significant step in developing your lifestyle.
10. Leaving a Legacy - BLACK GLOBE - Achieving a black belt in a martial art is a pinnacle of your life. Reaching a point where you start thinking about how you can give back to society and your community is equally important. One of the greatest gifts we can aspire to is to help others and do things that make the world a better place. A globe is symbolic of helping the world and making a difference.
So there you go, the logic behind the colour system for the 10 life goal categories at the 100 Goals Club!
Send me an email to Brian@100goalsclub.com and tell me what you think.Visit https://www.100goalsclub.com to see this new artwork in action!
Good advice to avoid negativityCONTROL YOUR INPUTS During this crisis, you’re vulnerable to more than just the coronavirus. While that threatens your physical health, the “virus” of negative thinking can threaten your outlook and your leadership. It’s hard to keep yourself motivated—let alone motivate others—when all you hear is bad news. Right now it’s more critical than ever to control the inputs into your mind. Yes, we’re in a crisis. Much of the news is bad. But most media sources report much more than the events themselves. Commentary, conjecture, complaining, blaming, and arguing occupy a large portion of the news cycle. That negative talk can dominate social media as well. But it doesn’t have to infect your mind. When you go to a buffet restaurant, you don’t have to eat everything offered. You can take what you need and leave the rest. Do that with the media too. Get your news update, then move on. Take time to read some good news. You can’t allow your outlook to be invaded by pessimism, anger, or fear. You’ve got important work to do!
The above is an extraction from an email newsletter from Michael Hyatt. Michael S. Hyatt is an American author, podcaster, blogger, speaker, and the former chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson. He has written several books about leadership, planning, and goal setting.
7 Good Life Goals to workCheck out the following pages at 100 Goals Club for some handpicked goals that might be just the perfect time for you to start working:
1 - DEVELOP A CALM MIND - https://www.100goalsclub.com/calm-mind-benefits.html
2 - MAKE FAMILY MEALS - https://www.100goalsclub.com/make-good-food.html
3 - HAVE FAMILY MEETINGS - https://www.100goalsclub.com/family-meetings.html
4 - LEARN ABOUT PERSONAL FINANCE - https://www.100goalsclub.com/learn-personal-finance.html
5 - DISCOVER YOUR PASSION - https://www.100goalsclub.comA
6 - KEEP A JOURNAL - https://www.100goalsclub.com/reasons-to-journal.html
7 - WRITE YOUR LIFE STORY - https://www.100goalsclub.com/write-your-life-story.html
Take advantage of the extra time you have at home to plan your life and work your life goals. Down the road, you'll look back at this time invested in your personal development as one of the positive outcomes of COVID-19.
Next newsletter . . .My next newsletter on May 1st will focus on some new Goal Setting ideas and inspiration for these challenging times.
Until next time . . . stay safe!
founder of the 100 Goals Club Life goals . . . Goal setting for your life!
P.S. If you didn't get a chance to listen to the podcast I recorded at RockStar, here are the links below!
You'll find this podcast at rockstarinnercircle or on apple or Spotify by clicking on one of these links below: https://rockstarinnercircle.com/100lifegoals/ https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-your-life-your-terms-show/id1339768663https://open.spotify.com/episode/5eibO0amiEw7nqjwy8J0Ep
|Back to Back Issues Page|