|Back to Back Issues Page|
How to plan your life with & why most people don't
July 15, 2020
Plan your life before it's too late
Before we begin: If you enjoy my newsletters, please forward it along. If someone forwarded this to you, click here to sign up https://www.100goalsclub.com/life-goals-club-membership.html
100 Goals Club is a complimentary newsletter that specializes in helping you plan your life goals in 10 important areas:
1. Personal Development
2. Health and Fitness
3. Family and Friends
4. Hobbies and Passions
10. Leaving a Legacy / Giving Back
You are part of an exclusive group of goalsters (someone who understands the importance of life goals)! This email is going out to 397 email subscribers.
Look for newsletters on the 1st and 15th of each month!
You are receiving this email because you expressed an interest in life goals. Remove your email by clicking unsubscribe below at any time.
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES: “Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do.” ~ Brian Tracy
"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away". ~ William Shakespeare
Have your own favourite quote? . . . email me at email@example.com and I'll feature it here and credit your name as having it sent it to me!
Why most people don't plan their life.Most people don't plan their life. WHY??
1. THEY DON'T KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD. Who is suppose to teach you? Your parents? Your teachers? If they haven't planned their life, it's difficult for them to teach you. It's typically only by reading self-help books or sites that you learn this.
2. THEY DON'T KNOW HOW. If you've never been taught how to plan your life, its likely you never will. There are thousands of teachers in this world and on the internet who know this important secret and will teach you. The 100 Goals Club is one of them!
3. THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT. This is a big problem as most of us really struggle with what it is we should do with our life beyond the obvious. Get an education. Get a job. Get Married. Have Children. Make money. Spend money. Retire. Die. Seriously, most have only a vague idea of what we want beyond this program.
4. ITS DIFFICULT. To plan your life, it takes some serious effort to understand who you are, who you'd like to be and where you'd like to go. And what if you do all this work and then don't follow through?
Most people spend more time planning for a birthday party or a vacation than they do their life. But what is more important . . . a vacation or your life?
The question to ask yourself is this? If I invested some serious time into planning my life, is it likely my life will turn out better as a result?
- A more fulfilling career? - More time for family and friends? - More travel? - More time for my hobbies? - Start my investment plan earlier? - A better lifestyle? - More adventure in my life? - Help more people?
WHAT IF YOU COULD DO ALL THIS AND MORE?? You've come to the right place. The 100 Goals Club is dedicated to helping you answer the question "how to plan your life"!
Why plan your life?Here are some more reasons to plan your life:
1 - Develop your Priorities - Know exactly where you will focus your energy.
2 - Maintain the right Balance - While it is okay and good at times to be out of balance, you must not forget about key areas of your life when looking out mid to long term.
3 - Filter Opportunities - You might be faced with too many opportunities and that can be just as challenging as too few. Having a plan will allow you to say yes to the most important opportunities.
4 - Visualize your Future - Have an exciting future planned to keep you motivated to do the hard work required to achieve it. Being able to visualize it is a gift.
5 - Avoid Regrets - This is a big one. Many people on their death bed talk about their deepest regrets and wish they had done things differently. Essentially, they wish they took more risk, spent less time climbing the money/career ladder and worried less about what others thought of them. A life plan would have made a difference.
How to plan your life!Answer these deep and thought provoking questions:
Y O U R L E G A C Y
Question 1: What is your gift?
Question 2: What would you like to be your legacy?
Question 3: How would you like to be remembered?
Question 4: What matters most to you?
ACTION: Write your life purpose (Goal # 9). https://www.100goalsclub.com/what-is-life-purpose.html
Y O U R P R I O R I T I E S
Question 5: What are your most important life areas?
These are the ten taught at the 100 Goals Club. But feel free to substitute your own:
1. Personal Development, 2. Health and Fitness, 3. Family and Friends 4. Hobbies and Passions 5. Financial 6. Career 7. Adventure 8. Travel 9. Lifestyle 10. Leaving a Legacy / Giving Back
Other life areas you could consider include: Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Children, Wellness, Investing, Creating etc.
A C T I O N P L A N
Create S M A R T Goals for each of your life areas. I've chosen 10 for each area because I like the number ten. You can chose a different number.
Your Goals need to be:
S pecific - Vague goals don't work well. Specific ones do.
M easurable - Ensure you can "measure" your goal in some manner so you know you can achieve it.
A ttainable - There is no point in setting unattainable goals. Make it an "outrageous" goal instead!
R elevant - Your goals need to be relevant to you, not someone else.
T ime bound - There is nothing like putting a time on a goal to motivate you to get it done. Think of all the projects you met at school or work that had a firm time line.
For more information on developing your SMART Goals, visit: https://www.100goalsclub.com/smart-goal-setting.html
COMPLETE YOUR GOAL SETTING WORKSHEET
One of the best ways I know to develop your life plan, is to complete the free goal setting worksheet you received when you signed up at the 100 Goals Club. Didn't receive it? Email me at Brian@100goalsclub.com.
Helpful links to the 100 Goals Club Website: https://www.100goalsclub.com/free-goal-setting-worksheet.html https://www.100goalsclub.com/life-goals-list.html
Review your goals weekly, monthly yearly. Update them when they are no longer serving you.
DAILY: Every day, chose 1, 2 or 3 things that you will do towards accomplishing your goals. This is a step not to be underestimated. It will produce huge results. Do these things in the morning as a priority before you get to your other tasks!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know you've written down your goals and planned your life. I will be thrilled to hear from you!!
Next newsletter . . .My next newsletter on August 1 will focus on planning your next vacation without taking a flight!
To your success!!
Brian Klodt founder of the 100 Goals Club
P.S. If COVID-19 is getting you down (like most of us), focus on developing some good habits. Good exercise. Clean eating. Read an inspirational book. Develop good habits now to help create your good life.
|Back to Back Issues Page|