10 - Discover your spirituality
Reason for this Goal to discover your spirituality: It is said that we all have a mind, a body,
and a spirit. For many of us, it is
tangible to understand one’s mind and body, but the spirit is more allusive and
the subject of many interpretations and beliefs.
For some, a strong spirituality is the
essence of life.
For others, we’re still
working to understand the role of spirituality in our life. To discover your spirituality, is a life goal worth setting and devoting important time to.
Different people and cultures have spiritual beliefs that
- An individual practice, and having a sense of
peace and purpose -
- Connection with a higher power (e.g., Universal
Mind/Universalism) - A concept that suggests there is an underlying essence of all being and becoming in the universe. An intelligent energy force which we can tap into if we develop the consciousness to do so.
- Life’s greater purpose
- Meditation - I learned how to meditate as a student of Karate. My Karate Sensei would guide us through meditation after intense training sessions. It is a great way to feel a deeper connection with your spiritual self.
- Metaphysics - A philosophical study that examines the relationship between mind and matter. For some, it acknowledges and respects the beauty in all of God's creation.
- Religion - One of 19 major religious groupings in the world - There are numerous religious groups that have different views on life and life after death. Views can relate to holy, sacred, absolute, spiritual and self worth. Humans have wondered since the dawn of time where they come from, why they're here and what it all means. Many religions from different countries offer their unique views on religion. Religion is a set of beliefs that is passionately held by a group of people.
- The law of attraction - There are books written and movies about the law of attraction, with the main belief that what you think about and/or visualize, will become your reality.
- The meaning of life and connection with others
- Transcendentalism - idealistic system of thought based on a belief in the unity of all creation, the innate goodness of humanity, and the importance of insight over logic and experience for the revelation of deep truths
It is important to note that there is no single, widely agreed definition of spirituality.
Why you need to discover your spirituality
One thing is for sure, people that have a strong belief system around their spirituality are more grounded, and have a strong foundation for who they are and what they believe in.
If you have strong spirituality, that is fantastic, and it will serve you well in establishing your own goals.
If you are still searching, use this goal to inspire you to keep searching until you find your own meaning.
Suggested Target Goal: Discover your spirituality and develop your own beliefs.
Outrageous Goal: Have eternal faith with your spirituality to guide you through the rest of your life.
Return to personal development goals.
This photo was taken while visiting the most famous Church in Spain, the Sagrada Familia, representing one of the most amazing symbols of the Catholic religion in the world.
You might like these
Hire Brian Klodt for your next self help seminar on goal setting, life planning and best life tips for living a good life.
Benefits of a positive attitude include determining your success in life and contribute to your overall level of happiness. There are people who have predominantly positive attitudes and those that have predominantly negative attitudes.
Use personal affirmations to transform your life to be happy, healthy, wealthy and wise! Personal affirmations will re-program your life for the success you desire.
Last updated: November 14, 2019