Life goals are something most never write down yet they are a crucial step to achieving more in life.
Do you have written goals? If you do, you are one of very few!
Life goals are specific things you want to do, see, have and achieve within your life that are aligned to you and your life purpose. If you don't know your purpose yet, don't sweat it. You'll find it!
The 100 Goals Club is designed to help you do just that. Studies show that you are 50% more likely to achieve the things you want most in life, by writing them down as goals. The most sought after things in life are happiness and success. Life goals will help you achieve both.
The purpose of this site is to join a unique group of success minded individuals who are committed to goal achievement and living a life by design instead of by chance.
Join the club and commit to your own list of life goals, using this site as your handy reference hub that you visit frequently (daily, weekly or monthly). Bookmark this site and return often!
The following are the top 10 reasons to why is goal setting important. This is especially important to learn before you turn 30 and to your overall happiness and financial future!
1. Eliminate wandering - Without a goal, many of you wander through life with no clear direction or path. The destination may end up being good, but many times not. Why leave it to chance? How many times have you had a great inspirational idea that you planned on acting on, but didn't. You might not even remember what that idea was any more.
2. Improve your chances for success & avoid procrastination - Studies have proven that people with written goals are much more likely to achieve and live a successful life. The truth is that few people have written life goals. Even fewer review them regularly.
From my own experience, my 100 Life Goals written at the age of 30, has been a driving force for the success achieved in my own personal and family life. The real key is having a TIME commitment (the "T" in SMART Goals) to your goals.
Think of what happens when you put a deadline on getting something done, analogous to submitting your reports on time when at high school or secondary school. Without a deadline, we ALL procrastinate! With a GOAL and a DATE, anything is possible!
3. Auto achievement - Goals will often be achieved by virtue of having written them down and by reviewing them periodically, even with no action plan to achieve them. There are many books written about the law of attraction and the act of setting a goal in motion through your thoughts. You may not believe it, but may people do. Any many people achieve goals years later that they have written down, but not consciously done anything about.
4. You'll feel inspired - It feels great to write down an important goal and through hard work and discipline, achieve it. It even feels good just to check it off your list!
5. Have a reason to celebrate - Goals can be celebrated once they are achieved. Decide in advance how you will celebrate.
Instead of feeling guilty about doing something, change that feeling to great satisfaction when you celebrate goal achievement.
6. You'll stay Focused - Goals will keep you focused on what is important in your life, versus falling victim to watching too much TV or time spent doing things that don't carry much meaning. Watching too much television is the killer of creating and living out the life of no regrets.
7. You'll achieve BIG(ger) Goals - Good goals communicated well will inspire other people to help you achieve them. Much bigger projects and adventures can be achieved when you develop big goals.
You don't need to complete your life goals all by yourself. Setting really big goals that you are passionate about and inspire others to be passionate about will set the stage for BIG goal achievement!
8. You'll become wealthier - You are likely to earn more money if you are able to achieve goals, whether you work for an employer or for yourself. People who achieve goals are highly valued in the market place.
By focusing on financial goals, you have a much higher likelihood of developing high net worth than if you don't. With good financial resources (income and networth), you can pursue and achieve more advanced goals related to your lifestyle goals.
9. You'll feel more satisfaction - The personal satisfaction that comes for achieving worthy and fulfilling goals is reward in itself. The feeling that you are wandering in life can result in a lack of confidence and overall feelings that you're not living up to your true potential.
I don't know any goal focused people who aren't both confident and have a positive outlook.
10. Your life will have more purpose - People with a purpose in life feel that they are living a life of purpose. Sounds like double speak, but I love the saying that "the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose". As long as goals are well written and thought out, people who are goal oriented feel a real sense of purpose, something that is missing in many peoples life.
These 10 reasons are amongst many, answering the key question why is goal setting important. Can you think of other reasons??
Why learn before age 30? Because you'll maximize the amount of time to put into action the success habits and principles you'll need to achieve success and your 100 Life Goals!
As human's we have so much in common. When asked about which life goals are most important, the answers are common. Below is a list of the most popular life goals. Aligned with the life goal categories at the 100 Goals Club, here they are:
How do these align with what is important to your life? What is missing? What would you add or delete from this list?
Some of us are fortunate to have been raised by parents whom already have these important skills and are more successful as a result. For many others, I suspect this is not the case as our parents have been raised by the same educational system. Some of us are fortunate, as I was, to find a mentor who inspired me to learn about these areas. In my case, my first mentor was my Karate Sensei. I started training in my early 20’s with a Sensei who taught me so much more than Karate, many of the things I mention above. He was running a course called “Improve Your Life” for his students, which for most of us in his classes was our introduction to personal development and how to design a good life. Goal setting was taught and encouraged. Striving to be a good and better person was expected in addition to learning how to kick and punch. Who would have guessed that these kind of life skills would be taught by a Karate teacher!
It was here that I also learned an important mantra which I would say daily for the rest of my life. After attending one of his seminars, I came away with the expression that has been forever engrained in my mind and I repeat often . . . “I am Happy, Healthy, Wealthy and Wise”.
I’ve talked to many people over the years who also recognize the deficiency with the content of what is being taught at schools. Changing an educational system however is currently beyond what any of us can achieve on our own. Throughout the course of my last 20 years, I’ve often thought about how great it would be if there was a franchised place to go for students to learn these essential life skills, accompanied by a fitness or sporting program to help them improve their fitness and energy level.
One of the reasons I’ve developed this site is to help our younger generation of students realize that there are places and strategies on how to live a greater life with more purpose . . . a life which we can look back on and say “WOW, what a life!”.
This site will written to help you design your life with no regrets, one goal at a time! It is my goal to further accelerate this learning through by providing this place people can come to intimately share their life goals, both successes and failures, providing encouragement along the way.
I've spent much of my life trying to figure out what is my purpose in life. Now I realize that my purpose in life is to live a life of purpose. For me, that means focusing on achieving my 100 Life Goals. What could be more purposeful than to take the time to construct 100 personal and worthy life goals that you will spend the rest of your life pursuing?
Helping you live a more inspired life through the 100 Goals Club is my direct aim of this site.
If this type of thinking appeals to you and feels right, join the 100 Goals Club and I will send you periodic emails and information to help remind you to stay focused on writing out your goals. Sometimes just a friendly reminder is all you need.
Look to the subscribe section below or to the right hand side of this page to join!
Check out Jack Canfield list of 101 Life Goals. Jack is the co-author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul empire that has sold millions of books. Jack is a big proponent of goal setting. Check out his blog post here for his 101 life goals.
To learn more about this site and life goals, visit my LIFE GOALS HOME PAGE.
Last updated: August 6, 2020