54 - Join a professional association
Reason for this Goal: A
professional association is an organization seeking to further the interests of
the individuals employed in a certain field.
Some of the benefits of joining and belonging to such an organization:
- Associations transform an occupation into a
profession, and can establish you as an expert in your field.
- Some associations will certify you, to indicate
you possess qualifications in the subject area.
- They offer opportunities for continued learning,
and updating of skills.
- The organization helps self-guard public
Membership indicates to your employer, and to the people you
work for or with, that you are serious about your chosen field and maintain the
high standards of your profession.
Choose for hundreds of professional associations!
Some of the hundreds of professional associations include:
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP)
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- International Federation of Robotics (IFR)
Suggested Goal(s): Join a professional organization.
Your Outrageous Goal: Start your own local chapter.
Some organizations are looking to expand and develop local chapters, for which you can volunteer to lead or participate in. This will further enhance the recognition you have within your field.
Return to career goals.
You might like these
Many of us dream of one day retiring from our work. Some of us just want the financial freedom to be able to live our last 2 or 3 decades on our own terms, getting up when we want and doing the things that we love to do. Plan your retirement now.
Establish expert goals to develop extensive experience and education in a particular field or subject. By becoming an expert in something, your employer or business will value you, and this will improve your chances for success and advancement in your career or business.
Good career goals are important for growth in your occupation or profession. Double your income doing what you love!
Last updated: December 11, 2019