Reason for this Goal: In your own community, there are numerous volunteering opportunities where you can support the needs of people and projects, to improve and benefit the lives of others in need. Helping the needs of those in your own community directly impacts and improves those around you, and has intrinsic rewards in helping others.
Examples of volunteering opportunities that may exist in your community include:
· Community clean-up days to pick-up litter and clean up neighbourhoods
· Helping out a homeless shelter
· Delivering welcome packages to newcomers who move into the community from another country
· Volunteering at your church or religious organization
· Preparing or cooking meals at a soup kitchen, or in support of a holiday event, like Thanksgiving or Christmas
· Fundraising for a charitable health organization
· Helping to build a house for Habitat for Humanity
· Festivals and events volunteer opportunities in your community
· Volunteering at a senior’s center or retirement home
· Being a Big Brother or Big Sister to mentor a young child
· And 100s of other organizations looking for your volunteer support
Search on-line for volunteer opportunities in your local area.
Suggested Goal(s): Be an
active volunteer with an organization of your choice for 1 year.
Your Outrageous Goal: Be an active volunteer with 1 or more organizations of your choice for a lifetime.
Return to giving back/legacy goals.
Last updated: December 29, 2019