24 - Treat your partner to a regular date night . . one of the best relationship goals!
Reason for relationship goals: Wonder what is a date night? When you started seeing your significant
other, you likely went out on dates. Once you’ve been together for a long time,
the number of dates often dwindles or stops altogether. Since your partner is to be treated as a Very Important Person, one of the best ways to do that is to keep the focus on dating by
having a regular date night. Keep the
romance alive, and give yourselves something to look forward to each week or
What is a date night?
A date night is a planned activity you and your partner. No children, family or friends. It is scheduled into your calendar days or weeks in advance and treated with the same priority as a work meeting. Your partner is the most important person in your life and this simple practice will help reinforce it.
My wife and I have a regular date night, Wednesday night, each week. We’ve been doing this for years now, and we both look forward to it. We either choose a restaurant or a movie, or sometimes both. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money if you are early on in your careers.
Ideas for date night!
Some examples of where to go and what to do on your date include:
- Dine at a local restaurant - We take turns alternating who selects the restaurant
- Go to a movie - (find a theatre that has a cheap movie night)
- Attend a concert - Know your partners favourite band and surprise them with a date night to see them! You may need to change the night of the week to align.
- Attend a music performance, or live show - Be on the look out for music and live shows that happens to align with your chosen date night. If you live in or near a big city, this should not be a challenge.
- Go on a hike - There are likely numerous places to go for a local hike. Be sure to hold hands while you hike for a romantic touch!
- Take a stroll - Take a walk and walk slowly along a trail, along the waterfront, down your street in your neighbourhood. Anywhere.
- Go for an ice-cream - Ice cream is a special treat that aligns perfectly with date night. While not necessarily a healthy treat, a splurge every once in a while is fine.
Take the time to understand what is a date night and write down your relationship goals. You'll be much more likely to commit to them if they are written down.
This specific goal should not be a challenge for you to continue as you will both look forward to it.
Now that you know what is a date night, it is important to keep the same day and time each week. If you deviate from this too much, before long, the tradition will discontinue.
Suggested Goal(s): Establish a date night, once a week/month.
Your Outrageous Goal: Continue date nights for the rest of your life, and spend extra time planning to make each date night extra memorable or unique.
Return to family and friend goals.
The VIP in my life, my wife Kathy. We still go on weekly date nights!
You might like these
Be a good son or daughter and recognize the importance of our parents, and be there for them, not just while growing up but as they age. Our parents are responsible for bringing us into this world and for dedicating much of their life to raising us.
Family meetings. Businesses find it essential to have meetings to discuss important topics that are better discussed face to face. Your family life more important than your business life, with just as many decisions to be made that impact your life.
The most important role we have in life is to be a good parent to our children. Learn from these good parenting tips and setting a goal to learn how to be a good parent is vitally important, especially during the formative years.
Last updated: May 26, 2020